The job market in the engineering sector is evolving at a break-neck speed with newer and better advancements introduced regularly. There is a need for skilled and qualified professionals that can be integrated into the industry immediately after the completion of their higher education from one of the top polytechnic colleges in Nashik.
Hence, a Diploma in Engineering is one of the smartest courses you can opt for after class 10. This program will provide you with unique insights into the engineering sector, and you will be better equipped to opt for higher education in the field. There are many specialisations you can opt from in engineering.
Best Polytechnic Courses after 10th
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is one of the most popular courses opted for today. This program applies the principles of physics to create designs, manufacture products, maintain systems, and enhance the quality of life for the end user of these products and designs. After completing this program candidates can be employed at entry-level positions at public and private sector companies like TATA, Indian Railways, BHEL, ONGC, etc.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
Civil engineering is one of the oldest professions known to mankind. Even today this age-old sector has a huge demand for well-trained professionals to design roads, canals, buildings, and other such components to improve the quality of life of residents of a particular locality. Civil engineers who have completed a Diploma in Civil Engineering can opt for higher education or seek employment in public and private sector companies such as Tata Housing, Godrej Properties, Oberoi Realty, etc.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Some of the best polytechnic colleges in Nashik offer a Diploma in Electrical Engineering program as it is one of the most dynamic branches of engineering.This field deals with studying various aspects of electronics, electromagnetism, telecommunications, and power. Professionals with this degree can be hired by leading companies across India or start taking up independent contracts from clients. They can work with a variety of clients and be their own boss in the industry. There are many electrical engineering colleges in Nashik who train students to become entrepreneurs in this field.
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
A Diploma in Computer Engineering is another excellent program to opt for after 10th.This program teaches students about computer applications, applied mathematics, mobile computing, network and information security, and many such relevant concepts. After completing this program students can work as software engineers, web designers, or system analysts in the industry. They can also choose to pursue higher education in computer engineering.
Advantages of Pursuing a Polytechnic Diploma
- After completing this program, students can choose to enter the job market directly for an entry-level position and work their way up with experience.
- Students who wish to pursue higher education can gain direct second-year admission to B.Tech engineering programs.
- There are many public and private sector companies that are willing to hire candidates holding a Diploma in Engineering so this is the easiest way to enter the job market.
- The fees of these programs are not as high as other undergraduate engineering programs, making it a great option for candidates facing financial constraints.
- Many specialisation options are available, so you can choose the one that best suits your aptitude and interests.
- These programs make you job-ready as the course structure is industry-synced and focuses on relevant skill development.
If you want to enter the job market with minimum effort and in minimum time then polytechnic programs are your best bet. They are widely recognised so you will always have opportunities in the industry. Later, you can also save a whole year spent on studies with direct second year entry admissions in the field of your choice.
For example, you can opt for electrical engineering courses after 12th and spend a total of six years gaining your degree, or you can pursue a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, and spend only three additional years gaining a degree after that.So, make a wise decision regarding your career and opt for a polytechnic diploma program of your choice. Good luck!